Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Songs

Do you ever have moments where you hear a song, and you instantly think of a time or a place where you listened to it? 
For me the Modest Mouse album Good News For People Who Love Bad News,  reminds me of this one book On Pointe about ballet dancers, because I finished that book in one day and that whole day I listened to this album, so I hear a song like "Float On" and I instantly think of that book. 
Then the Coldplay album Parachutes makes me think of this time, my mom and I drove up to North L.A. to visit her fabric lady, and the whole drive we listened to that album over and over. So when I hear a song from that album, I picture graffiti from L.A. and driving with my mom. 
Memories are a fickle and interesting thing.
Oh, and if you have never listened to either of those albums, I highly recommend you do. Modest Mouse's album is perfect if you feel like utter-crap and Coldplay is perfect for well anything!

No comments: